Wednesday, February 02, 2011

An Addendum




In the last blog post, my theme was great floats coming to me through friendships. In that post is a photo, and brief history of a beautiful amber Japanese Star with Kanji in the star. I could not get over the fact that my good friend-Olaf in Germany-found the float in Europe. Today, I received an email from Olaf. I thought you might enjoy reading what Olaf had to say about that float:

Thank you for the kindly words over me in your blog. I only want to
say something obout the amber "Asian" float. This float I got a long
time ago in change from Stu Farnsworth.
It was a very nice float, but my favorites are bottles and so I brought
this float to you. I think it is better in your collection.

Thank you Olaf for your continued kindness and frienship to me.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:20 AM

    Your mail does not seem to work

    :(

    I have new information about Torvald Stranne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Don't know why my email did not work for you. The address is: trizzo8037@comcast.net Hopefully you will read this, and get back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindly retry sending the email to my address. I do not know why your email was not delivered- unless spam was attached?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Sorry about your problem sending to me, but it would be very easy for you to post your new information about Torvald Stranne floats right here on a comment. It would be great if you were to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:20 PM

    Well a fire burnt down Torvald Strannes workshop :(

    http://bohuslaningen.se/nyheter/sotenas/1.1118084-branden-pa-smogenbryggan-slackt

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Vvw3khnuzRk/Soh2LacXu-I/AAAAAAAAAk8/ltVzLuDpr_A/s1600-h/Torvald+Stranne.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:56 PM

    What kind of fire "? Todd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:25 PM

    Thank you kind reader for not giving up trying to contact me, and for sharing the story and your time and effort with the readers.
    Sincerely,
    Tom Rizzo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:30 PM

    Well a boiler got dry so the system got to hot and the hole house caught fire.

    Hole house has been taken down now and new one shall be built up.

    ReplyDelete